- Latest Office Held:
- US House, CT
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CT
James A. "Jim" Himes (born July 5, 1966) is an American businessman and U.S. Representative for Connecticut's 4th congressional district, serving since 2009. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$9,623,926 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Feb. 27, 2014
- Reception at Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Hosted by:
- Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation, TIAA-CREF PAC
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $9,000,000 CNAF Beddown-Upgrade Facilities 2010 $2,435,000 Bridgeport Intermodal Transportation Center, CT 2010 $2,000,000 Stamford Urban Transitway, CT 2010 $1,432,000 Norwalk Harbor, CT 2010 $900,000 Family Reentry, Norwalk, CT: Fresh Start Reentry Program 2010 $750,000 Nanotechnology Initiative (CT) 2010 $700,000 Action for Bridgeport Community Development, Inc., Bridgeport, CT for its Total Learning early childhood initiative 2010 $500,000 Courage to Speak Foundation, Norwalk, CT: Substance Abuse Prevention for Parents and Children 2010 $500,000 Demolition of Congress Street Bridge, Bridgeport, CTRequested by 2010 $350,000 City of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT: Lighthouse After-School Program