- Latest Office Held:
- US House, TN
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, TN
James Hayes Shofner "Jim" Cooper (born July 19, 1954) is the U.S. Representative for Tennessee's 5th congressional district (based in Nashville), serving since 2003. He is a member of the Democratic Party and the Blue Dog Coalition. He previously represented Tennessee's 4th congressional district from 1983 to 1995.
Campaign Finance$8,468,801 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $9,000,000 Close Combat Tactical Trainer -- Up-Armored HMMWV and Tactical Truck Crew Trainers for TN National Guard 2008 $4,800,000 Training Devices, Nonsystem -- Combined Arms Virtual Trainers for TN National Guard 2008 $4,800,000 Training Devices, Nonsystem -- Virtual Door Gunner Trainer for the TN National Guard 2008 $4,361,000 Tennessee DOT Bus and Bus Facilities Replacement 2008 $4,000,000 Training Devices, Nonsystem -- Tabletop Trainers for the TN National Guard 2008 $3,360,000 FAAD C2 -- Windows Based AFATDS for the TN National Guard 2008 $3,200,000 Raydon: Training Devices, Nonsystem -- Virtual Warrior Interactive (VWI) 2008 $2,400,000 Theater Level Assets -- Army National Guard Battery Modernization Program 2008 $2,400,000 Vanderbilt University, Stanford University School of Medicine, and Duke University: Medical Free Electron Laser -- Medical Free Electron LaserRequested by 2008 $1,200,000 Vanderbilt University: Medical Advanced Technology -- Advanced Proteomics ProgramRequested by