Jesse Jackson, Jr.
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, IL
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, IL
Jesse Louis Jackson, Jr. (born March 11, 1965) is the U.S. Representative for Illinois's 2nd congressional district, serving since the special election in 1995. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$6,488,225 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $9,821,000 Advanced Credentialing Program - National Board for Professional Teaching Standards 2009 $8,604,000 Upper Miss River-Illinois WW System, IL, IA, MO, MN & WIRequested by
- Leonard L. Boswell (D-IA),
- Christopher Bond (R-MO),
- Todd Akin (R-MO),
- David Loebsack (D-IA),
- Chuck Grassley (R-IA),
- Norm Coleman (R-MN),
- Tom Harkin (D-IA),
- Keith Ellison (D-MN),
- Timothy V. Johnson (R-IL),
- Betty McCollum (D-MN),
- John M. Shimkus (R-IL),
- Kenny Hulshof (R-MO),
- Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL),
- Phil Hare (D-IL),
- Russ Carnahan (D-MO),
- Bruce Braley (D-IA),
- William L. Clay, Jr. (D-MO),
- Jerry Weller (R-IL),
- Ray LaHood (R-IL),
- Timothy J. Walz (D-MN),
- Amy Klobuchar (D-MN),
- and James L. Oberstar (D-MN)
2010 $7,500,000 CTA Red Line North Station, Track, Viaduct and Station Rehabilitation, IL 2010 $7,400,000 Aeromedical Evacuation Facility 2008 $7,227,500 Metra Connects, Southeast Services 2010 $3,000,000 Relocate Base Entrance 2009 $3,000,000 Thurgood Marshall Legal Scholarships Program authorized under the Higher Education Act 2008 $2,946,000 Thurgood Marshall Legal Education Opportunity Program 2008 $2,400,000 Chicago State University: Aviation Advanced Technology -- Fuel Cells for Mobile Robotic Systems Project 2010 $2,077,000 National Center for Food Safety and Technology, IL