- Latest Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Dr. Gerald "Jerry" McNerney (born June 18, 1951) is an engineer, energy specialist, and the U.S. Representative for California's 11th congressional district, serving since 2007. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district includes parts of San Joaquin County in the Central Valley as well as parts of Contra Costa, Alameda and Santa Clara counties in the Bay Area.
Campaign Finance$8,915,681 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount League of Conservation Voters $20,172
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $10,000,000 Emissions Reduction Grants to the South Coast Air Quality Management District and San Joaquin Air Pollution Control District 2009 $5,022,000 San Joaquin River, Port of Stockton, CA 2010 $4,844,000 Calfed Levee Stability Program, CA 2009 $4,785,000 Calfed Levee Stability Program, CA 2010 $4,000,000 Lawrence Livermore National Lab (McNerney): Counterproliferation Analysis and Planning System 2008 $3,200,000 California National Guard: undistributed -- Homeland Defense Operational Planning System (HOPS) 2008 $2,940,000 Rapid Transit (BRT) project 2009 $2,871,000 San Ramon Valley Recycled Water, CA 2008 $2,808,000 San Ramon Valley Recycled Water 2009 $2,800,000 Homeland Operations Planning System (HOPS)