- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, WA
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Jay Inslee
Jay Robert Inslee (born February 9, 1951) is the U.S. Representative for Washington's 1st congressional district, serving since 1999. He is a member of the Democratic Party.The district includes many of Seattle's northern suburbs in King, Snohomish, and Kitsap counties.
Campaign Finance$7,761,321 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $4,800,000 Ballistic Missile Defense Technology -- Net Centric Airborne Defense Element (NCADE) 2010 $3,740,000 U.S. ARS Laboratory, Pullman, WA 2010 $3,500,000 Lockheed Martin Aculight Corporation: Optical Neural Techniques for Combat and Post-Trauma Healthcare 2009 $3,200,000 Control of Inflammation and Tissue Repair 2008 $3,200,000 Verdant Power: Facilities Improvement -- Kinetic Hydropower System (KHPS) Turbine 2008 $3,200,000 Aviation Improvements -- Real-Time Weight and Balance Measurement System for C-130s 2008 $3,200,000 Raytheon Torpedo and Readiness Center: MK-48 Torpedo ADCAP Mods -- MK-48 ADCAP Torpedo Critical Component Production Restart 2009 $3,000,000 Low Voltage, Wideband Electro-Optic Polymer Modulators 2008 $2,952,000 Puget Sound and Adjacent Waters Restoration 2010 $2,922,000 New Vessel Program-Propulsion System Acquisition, WA