- Latest Office Held:
- US House, CO
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CO
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Jared Polis
Jared Schutz Polis (born Jared Polis Schutz May 12, 1975) is an American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and U.S. Representative for Colorado's 2nd congressional district, serving since 2009. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$2,412,208 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $2,641,500 Colorado Transit Coalition Statewide Bus & Bus Facilities, CO 2010 $2,400,000 Southwest Research Institute: Laser Ablation Resonance Ionization Mass Spectrometer 2010 $1,600,000 Center for Space Entrepreneurship: Center for Space Entrepreneurship 2010 $1,500,000 University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO for facilities and equipment for the Linda Clinic Institute for Down Syndrome 2010 $500,000 Eagle County Airport I-70 Interchange, CO 2010 $500,000 Boulder Smartgridcity--Plug-In Electric Hybrid Vehicles 2010 $500,000 University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO: Colorado Schools Safety Program 2010 $300,000 Fitzsimons Redevelopment Authority, Colorado Drug, Device, and Diagnostic Development Institute, Aurora, CO 2010 $250,000 Clinica Family Health Services, Lafayette, CO for facilities and equipment