- Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Office Sought:
- US House, CA
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Jane Harman
Jane Margaret Lakes Harman (born June 28, 1945) is the U.S. Representative for California's 36th congressional district, serving from 1993 to 1999, and from 2001 to February 2011. She is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$1,202,707 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,202,707 #295 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,301,448 #247 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $40,695 #327 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $1,600,000 Moog, Inc. (Harman, Lee): Quiet Drive Advanced Rotary Actuator - 2010 $1,600,000 NextGen Aeronautics: Big Antennas Small Structures Efficient Tactical UAV 2010 $1,406,000 Marina del Rey, CA 2010 $1,200,000 University of Southern California: Micro-Satellite Serial Manufacturing to Include Academic Outreach Educational Program 2010 $1,200,000 Honeywell International: Helicopter Cable Warning and Obstacle Avoidance 2010 $1,000,000 University of Southern California: Battlefield Research Accelerating Virtual Environments for Military Individual Neuro Disorders (BRAVEMIND) 2010 $800,000 Physical Optics, Inc.: Universal Avionics Recorder Wireless Flight Download Data 2010 $800,000 Advanced Tactics, Inc.: VTOL Man-Rated UAV and UGV for Medical Multi-Missions and CASEVAC 2010 $800,000 Sierra Monolithics, Inc.: Advanced Radar Transceiver Integrated Circuit Development 2010 $800,000 South Bay Regional Intermodal Transit Centers, CA