- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Jane Harman
Jane Margaret Lakes Harman (born June 28, 1945) is the U.S. Representative for California's 36th congressional district, serving from 1993 to 1999, and from 2001 to February 2011. She is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$9,567,417 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $4,000,000 UCLA School of Public Health: Chemical and Biological Defense Program - Advanced Development -- UCLA High Speed, High Volume Laboratory Network for Infectious Diseases 2009 $3,200,000 Wireless Electronic Patient Records 2009 $2,871,000 Harbor/South Bay Water Recycling Project, CA 2008 $2,808,000 Harbor/South Bay Recycling Project, CA 2008 $2,400,000 Intelligent Optical Systems: Combating Terrorism Technology Support -- DICAST System Enhancement 2008 $2,400,000 Language Weaver: Combating Terrorism Technology Support -- Automated Language Translation 2009 $2,320,000 Marina Del Rey, CA 2009 $2,000,000 Quiet Drive Advanced Rotary Actuator 2008 $2,000,000 Physical Optics Corporation: Medical Advanced Technology -- Wireless Electronic Patient Records, WPIC - Personal Information Carrier 2010 $1,600,000 NextGen Aeronautics: Big Antennas Small Structures Efficient Tactical UAV