James W. DeMint
- Latest Office Held:
- US Senate, SC
- Latest Office Sought:
- US Senate, SC
James Warren "Jim" DeMint (born September 2, 1951) is the junior U.S. Senator from South Carolina, serving since 2005. He is a member of the Republican Party and the Tea Party movement. He previously served as the U.S. Representative for South Carolina's 4th congressional district from 1999 to 2005.
Campaign Finance$15,141,535 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Frederick Baird, Watts Partners $36,100
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Dec. 13, 2012
- Lunch at Charlie Palmer Steak