James E. Clyburn
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, SC
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, SC
Campaign Finance$12,077,388 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event May 24, 2013
- Charleston, SC Weekend at Charleston, SC
Jan. 23, 2013
- Breakfast at Capitol View Business and Conference Center
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $10,332,000 South Carolina HBCU Math and Science Initiative (SC) 2010 $10,000,000 Historically Black Colleges and Universities Program 2009 $10,000,000 Lakes Marion and Moultrie, SC 2009 $9,990,750 Historically Black College and Universities Science Enhancement Program (SC) 2010 $8,000,000 Musc: Health Disparities in Troop Readiness 2008 $8,000,000 Medical University of South Carolina: Education and Training -- Health Research And Disparities Eradication Program 2008 $6,607,000 Lakes Marion And Moultrie, SC 2009 $6,500,000 Health Research and Disparities Eradication Program 2009 $4,600,000 Field Maintenance Shop Ph 1 2010 $4,170,000 Lakes Marion and Moultrie, SC