Howard L. Berman
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Howard Lawrence Berman (born April 15, 1941) is the U.S. Representative for California's 28th congressional district, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He earlier served in the California State Assembly from 1973 to 1982.
Campaign Finance$13,016,193 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $2,800,000 Middle East Regional Security Program 2010 $2,400,000 University of California: Middle East Regional Security Program 2008 $2,400,000 University of California: Office of the Secretary, undistributed -- Middle East Regional Security issues program 2010 $2,000,000 Cedars-Sinai Medical Center: Operating Room of the Future 2010 $1,600,000 Monterey Institute for International Affairs: Center for Nonproliferation Studies, Monterey Institute for International Affairs 2008 $1,600,000 Center for Nonproliferation Studies, Monterey Institute for International Affairs: Weapons of Mass Destruction Defeat Technologies -- Center for Nonproliferation Studies, Monterey Institute for International Affairs 2009 $1,200,000 Center for Nonproliferation Studies, Monterey Institute for International Affairs 2009 $1,050,000 City of San Fernando: City of San Fernando Virtual Patrol Project 2010 $1,000,000 Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area 2008 $1,000,000 Southern California Regional Rail Authority, San Fernando Valley