Henry A. Waxman
- Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Henry Arnold Waxman (born September 12, 1939) is the U.S. Representative for California's 30th congressional district, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He is considered to be one of the most influential liberal members of Congress. His district includes much of the western part of the city of Los Angeles, as well as West Hollywood, Santa Monica and Beverly Hills. Before his election to Congress, he served six years in the California State Assembly.
Campaign Finance$1,537,103 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,537,103 #206 of 715 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,440,465 #210 of 715 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $992,019 #38 of 715 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount National Assn for Home Care $130,000 News America Holdings $36,550 National Community Pharmacists Assn $32,045 Tony Podesta, Podesta Group $30,500 Motion Picture Assn of America $27,000 Arnold & Porter $23,550 PG&E Corp $23,000 Cellular Telecom & Internet Assn $22,393 Rhod M. Shaw, Alpine Group $21,500 Sprint Nextel $20,800
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars