- Office Sought:
- US Senate, ND
HEITKAMP, Mary Kathryn (Heidi), a Senator from North Dakota; born in Breckenridge, Minn., October 30, 1955; graduated University of North Dakota, B.A., 1977; graduated Lewis & Clark College, J.D., 1980; lawyer, Environmental Protection Agency 1980-1981; lawyer, Office of the North Dakota State Tax Commissioner 1981-1986; director, Dakota Gasification Company; tax commissioner of North Dakota 1986-1992; attorney general of North Dakota 1992-2000; unsuccessful Democratic candidate for governor of North Dakota in 2000; elected as a Democrat to the United States Senate in 2012 for the term ending January 3, 2019.
Campaign Finance$5,608,814 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Heidi Heitkamp Download all independent expenditures for or against Heidi Heitkamp
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $5,608,814 #36 of 59 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $5,498,044 #35 of 59 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $144,895 #25 of 59 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Republican Senatorial CmteOppose $2,417,378 Crossroads GPSOppose $1,546,244 Democratic Senatorial Campaign CmteSupport $913,823 Now Or Never PACOppose $651,490 Freedom Fund North AmericaOppose $247,500 Americans for Tax ReformOppose $190,604 60 Plus AssnOppose $85,200 Common Sense IssuesOppose $67,350 Fsa PACSupport $22,228 Faith Family Freedom FundOppose $16,500
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Council for a Livable World $59,866