Heather A. Wilson
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, NM
WILSON, Heather, a Representative from New Mexico; born in Keene, Cheshire County, N.H., December 30, 1960; graduated from Keene High School, Keene, N.H.; B.S. United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo., 1982; Rhodes Scholar, M.Phil., Oxford University, Oxford, England, 1984; D.Phil., Oxford University, Oxford, England, 1985; United States Air Force, 1978-1989; cabinet secretary of the New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department, 1995-1998; director for European Defense Policy and Arms Control, National Security Council, 1989-1991; elected as a Republican to the One Hundred Fifth Congress by special election, to fill the vacancy caused by the death of United States Representative Steven Schiff, reelected to the five succeeding Congresses (June 23, 1998-January 3, 2009); not a candidate for reelection in 2008, but was an unsuccessful candidate for nomination for the United States Senate.
Campaign Finance$7,151,113 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Heather A. Wilson Download all independent expenditures for or against Heather A. Wilson
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $7,151,113 #30 of 61 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $7,108,688 #28 of 61 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $61,823 #40 of 61 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending League of Conservation VotersOppose $1,055,553 Sierra ClubOppose $1,045,449 American CrossroadsSupport $855,882 Democratic Senatorial Campaign CmteOppose $398,991 Defenders Of Wildlife Action CommitteeOppose $333,208 Natural Resources Defense CouncilOppose $286,750 Nrdc Action Fund Inc.Oppose $286,750 US Chamber of CommerceSupport $220,923 Afl-CioOppose $66,931 National Wildlife FederationOppose $59,238
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block