- Latest Office Held:
- US House, FL
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, FL
Gus Michael Bilirakis (born February 8, 1963) is the U.S. Representative for Florida's 9th congressional district, serving since 2007. He is a member of the Republican Party, and the Tea Party Caucus. He previously served in the Florida House of Representatives.
Campaign Finance$5,453,163 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $6,000,000 Moffit Cancer Center (Tampa): National Functional Genomics Center 2009 $6,000,000 National Functional Genomics Center 2008 $6,000,000 H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute: Medical Advanced Technology -- National Functional Genomics Center 2009 $5,200,000 Domestic Production of Transparent Polycrystalline Laser Gain Materials 2009 $4,224,000 Tampa Harbor, FL 2010 $2,400,000 University of Florida: Florida Trauma Rehabilitation Institute for Returning Military Personnel 2008 $2,400,000 VLOC Incorporated: Directed Energy Technology -- Ceramics for Next-Generation Tactical Laser Systems 2009 $2,000,000 High Assurance Cross Domain Technology Development 2010 $1,600,000 University of South Florida: Musculoskeletal Interdisciplinary Research Initiative 2008 $1,600,000 BAE Systems: Base Operations Support -- Pierside Wireless Connection System