- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, SC
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Gresham Barrett
James Gresham Barrett (born February 14, 1961) is the former U.S. Representative for South Carolina's 3rd congressional district, serving from 2003 until 2011. He is a member of the Republican Party. The district runs along the Savannah River in the northwestern part of the state.
Campaign Finance$3,404,858 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $3,200,000 Invista S.A.R.L. Greenwood Mills, Inc: Improved Thermal Resistant Nylon for Enhanced Durability and Thermal Protection in Combat Uniforms 2009 $3,200,000 Combat Casualty Care Equipment Upgrade Program 2010 $2,400,000 Graniteville Specialty Fabrics: Chemical and Biological Threat Reduction CoatingRequested by 2010 $2,400,000 North American Rescue: Combat Casualty Care Upgrade Program 2009 $2,400,000 Chemical and Biological Threat Protection Coating 2008 $2,400,000 Intelligent Automation Corporation: AH-64 MODS -- Vibration Management Enhancement Program (VMEP) 2009 $2,000,000 Hull Humvee Protection Program 2008 $1,600,000 Combat Information Center Conversion -- Environmentally Sealed, Ruggedized Large Scale Display for Tactical Operations Centers 2008 $1,600,000 Clemson University: NAC University Automotive Research Coalitions 2010 $1,280,000 Clemson University: Laboratory for Advanced Photonic Composites ResearchRequested by