Gregory W. Meeks
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, NY
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, NY
Gregory Weldon Meeks (born September 25, 1953) is the U.S. Representative for New York's 6th congressional district, serving since 1998. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district includes most of Southeastern Queens including Jamaica, Laurelton, Rosedale, Saint Albans, Springfield Gardens, and Far Rockaway, as well as John F. Kennedy International Airport. His district is made up mainly of middle-class and upper middle-class African-American communities, but also includes a small part of Ozone Park and part of Howard Beach known as Old Howard Beach, both of which are mainly made up of middle-class Italian-Americans. He also represents much of Kew Gardens and northern Richmond Hill, middle-class white and South Asian neighborhoods.
Campaign Finance$5,328,302 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $4,180,000 Jamaica Bay 2010 $1,500,000 GMHC, New York City, NY: Protecting Health and Building a Prosperous Future for At-Risk Youth in New York City 2010 $1,200,000 Premier Micronutrient Corporation: Management of Lung Injury by Micronutrients 2009 $1,200,000 Lung Injury Management Program 2010 $900,000 Development of Pollution Prevention Technologies 2009 $750,000 Hudson-Fulton-Champlain Quadricentennial 2009 $712,500 Arverne East Transit Plaza, NY 2009 $699,000 East Rockaway Inlet to Rockaway Inlet and Jamaica Bay, NY 2010 $584,400 Jamaica Intermodal Station Plaza, NY 2010 $500,000 Arverne East Transit Plaza, Queens, NYRequested by