- Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Office Sought:
- US House, CA
George Miller III (born May 17, 1945) is the U.S. Representative for California's 7th congressional district, serving since 1975. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$972,302 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $972,302 #375 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,008,838 #348 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $347,851 #134 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Brian Moran, Career College Assn $74,750 Paul Dinino, DiNino Assoc $36,800 Liz Robbins, Liz Robbins Assoc $23,300
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $5,000,000 New Leaders for New Schools for activities authorized under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act 2010 $2,400,000 MicroAssembly Technologies Inc.: Micromachined Switches for Next Generation Modular Satellites 2010 $2,400,000 MicroAssembly Technologies Inc.: Micromachined Switches in Support of Transformational Communications Architecture 2010 $1,215,000 Bay Area Regional Water Recycling Project 2010 $750,000 City of Vallejo, Vallejo, CA: The City of Vallejo for Mare Island sanitary sewer and storm drain improvements 2010 $700,000 City of Richmond, CA for the Richmond BUILD Pie-apprenticeship Construction Skills & Solar Installation Training Program 2010 $500,000 Alternative Fuel SolanoExpress Bus Replacement, Solano, CA 2010 $500,000 Vacaville Intermodal Station-Phase 2, CA 2010 $390,000 Richmond Police Activities League, Richmond, CA: Changing Habits, Attitudes & Mind Program (CHAMP) 2010 $360,000 San Pablo Police Department, San Pablo, CA: Gunshot Location System