- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MS
Gary Eugene "Gene" Taylor (born September 17, 1953) is the former U.S. Representative for Mississippi's 4th congressional district, serving from 1989 until 2011. He was defeated for re-election in 2010 by State Rep. Steven Palazzo, who gained 52% of the vote compared to Taylor's 47%. He left office in January 2011. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district, numbered as the 5th District from 1989 to 2003, takes in most of Mississippi's share of the Gulf Coast and includes Biloxi, Gulfport, Pascagoula, Laurel Picayune and Hattiesburg.
Campaign Finance$3,973,143 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $49,000,000 Army Ammunition Plant Hurricane Damage Repair 2008 $18,696,000 Mississippi Environmental Infrastructure 2009 $18,000,000 Mississippi Environmental Infrastructure, MS 2010 $10,000,000 Mississippi Environmental Infrastructure, MS 2010 $6,500,000 Relocate Base Entrance 2008 $6,400,000 Seemann Composites, Inc.: Surface ASW Combat Systems Integration -- Advanced Composite Materials for Acoustic Window Applications 2009 $5,870,000 Battalion Maintenance Facility 2009 $5,773,000 Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, AL 2008 $5,600,000 Rolls-Royce Naval Marine: Items Less than $5 million -- CVN Propeller Replacement Program 2009 $5,000,000 CVN Propeller Replacement Program