Gary Peters (born December 1, 1958) is the U.S. Representative for Michigan's 9th congressional district, serving since 2009. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$3,249,396 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $3,249,396 #24 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $3,237,452 #30 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $92,720 #256 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Republican Party of MichiganOppose $2,282,527 Americans for Tax ReformOppose $523,284 Humane Society of the USSupport $148,745 Americans For Limited GovernmentOppose $26,268 National Nurses UnitedSupport $18,640 National Nurses United For Patient ProtectionSupport $18,640 Family Research CouncilOppose $2,576 Patriots FundOppose $1,526 Revere AmericaOppose $1,251 National Abortion Rights Action LeagueSupport $155
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Oct. 20, 2014
- Reception & Dinner at Tavern
- Hosted by:
- Shervin Pishevar, Cindy Horn, Kate Capshaw, Steven Spielberg, Marilyn Katzenberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Jennifer Perry, Andy Spahn, Alan Horn, Michael Rapino, Jolene Rapino, Casey Wasserman, Laura Wasserman
July 30, 2014
- Luncheon at Johnny's Half Shell
July 18, 2014
- Grassroots Fundraiser at MGM Grand Detroit
June 18, 2014
- Reception at Diageo Townhouse
June 11, 2014
- Breakfast Reception at UPS Townhouse
- Hosted by:
- Pete Lawson, Chris Long, NewDemPAC, Lori Denham, Cindy Brown, Heather McHugh, Erik Olson
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $2,800,000 Navistar Inc. Truck Group (Lugar) Bosch Rexroth (Levin, Stabenow): Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicles for the Tactical Wheeled Fleet 2010 $1,600,000 Raytheon Co: Hybrid Electric Drive All Terrain Vehicle 2010 $1,600,000 Military Intelligence Service Historic Learning Center: Automotive Tribology Center 2010 $1,300,000 Troy/Birmingham Multi-Modal Transit Center, Ml 2010 $1,200,000 United Solar Ovonic: Photovoltaic Rooftop Systems for Military Housing 2010 $1,025,000 Oakland County Sheriff's Office, Pontiac, Ml: Oakland County Sheriff's Department Biometric Identification Enhancement Project 2010 $500,000 Oakland Primary Health Services, Pontiac, Ml for facilities and equipment 2010 $500,000 Wayne County, MI: Wayne County for the Range River Wet Weather Demonstration Project 2010 $500,000 Oakland University Alternative Energy Education 2010 $394,800 Automation Alley, Troy, Ml: Automation Alley, Troy, Ml, Planning, design, and construction of the Automation Alley International Business Center for business incubation