- Latest Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Gary Gene Miller (born October 16, 1948) is the U.S. Representative for California's 42nd congressional district, and previously the 41st, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$5,792,500 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $7,432,000 Nixon Presidential Library 2010 $6,400,000 L-3 Power Paragon, Inc.: Hybrid Propulsion/Power Generation for Increased Fuel Efficiency for Surface Combatants 2010 $4,000,000 Sabtech Industries: Aegis Research and Development 2009 $4,000,000 Aegis Land Based Test Site Upgrades 2010 $2,400,000 Athena GTX: Wireless Medical Monitoring System 2010 $2,400,000 Naval Health Research Center (Miller) OncBioMune, LLC (Jones, Walter): US Navy Cancer Vaccine Program 2009 $1,925,000 San Bernardino and Riverside Counties, CA: San Bernardino and Riverside Counties, CA Regional Fingerprint ID (CAL-ID) 2008 $1,600,000 Power Paragon: Shipboard System Component Development -- High Efficiency Quiet Electric DriveRequested by
- Gary Miller (R-CA),
- and Loretta Sanchez (D-CA)
2008 $1,600,000 Sabtech Industries: Aegis Support Equipment -- Aegis Computer Center Upgrades 2008 $1,600,000 Aviation Advanced Technology -- Helmet Mounted Display/Visor Projection for Army Helicopters