- Latest Office Held:
- US House, NY
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, NY
Gary Leonard Ackerman (born November 19, 1942) is an American politician, currently serving his thirteenth term in the United States House of Representatives. Ackerman represents the Fifth Congressional District of New York, encompassing the North Shore of Long Island, including West and Northeast Queens and Northern Nassau County (map). It includes areas like Corona, Flushing, Jamaica Estates, Bayside, Whitestone, Douglaston, and Little Neck in Queens, as well as Great Neck, Sands Point, Port Washington, Searingtown, Albertson, Manhasset, and Roslyn in Nassau County.
Campaign Finance$8,794,149 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $8,400,000 Construct Part One of the Pararescue Facility 2009 $7,500,000 Replace Pararescue Ops Facility Ph 2 2008 $4,800,000 Northrop Grumman: SPQ-9B Radar -- AN/SPQ-9B Radar for DDG 51 Modernization Program 2009 $4,300,000 AN/SPQ-9B Surface Ship Radar 2010 $3,200,000 New York Structural Biology Center: Synchrotron Beamline Experimental Station 2010 $2,400,000 Northrop Grumman: AESA Technology Insertion Program 2010 $600,000 New York Hall of Science, Queens, NY, for a teacher training program 2010 $600,000 Green Vehicle Depot, North Hempsted, NYRequested by 2008 $585,000 New York Hall of Science, for science exhibits and educational programming 2010 $500,000 Offshore Wind Project StudyRequested by