- Latest Office Held:
- US House, MI
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MI
Frederick Stephen Upton (born April 23, 1953) is the U.S. Representative for Michigan's 6th congressional district, serving since 1987. He is a member of the Republican Party and Chairman of the Committee on Energy and Commerce.
Campaign Finance$13,770,520 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $4,841,000 Wood Utilization (OR, MS, NC, MN, ME, Ml, ID, TN, AK, WV)Requested by
- Gordon H. Smith (R-OR),
- Ted Stevens (R-AK),
- David Wu (D-OR),
- Ron Wyden (D-OR),
- David Price (D-NC),
- Larry Craig (R-ID),
- Mike Michaud (D-ME),
- Fred Upton (R-MI),
- Mike Crapo (R-ID),
- Olympia J. Snowe (R-ME),
- Mike Rogers (R-MI),
- Thad Cochran (R-MS),
- Bill Sali (R-ID),
- Carl Levin (D-MI),
- Robert C. Byrd (D-WV),
- David Vitter (R-LA),
- Earl Blumenauer (D-OR),
- Mary L. Landrieu (D-LA),
- Darlene Hooley (D-OR),
- Lamar Alexander (R-TN),
- Susan Collins (R-ME),
- Amy Klobuchar (D-MN),
- Deborah Ann Stabenow (D-MI),
- Bob Etheridge (D-NC),
- Charles W. Pickering, Jr. (R-MS),
- and Allen (D-ME)
2008 $2,400,000 University of Michigan Health Systems - Center for Genetic Origins of Cancer: Medical Advanced Technology -- Center for Genetic Origins of Cancer (CGOC/NFGC) 2010 $2,000,000 Eaton Corp: Advanced Digital Hydraulic Drive System 2010 $2,000,000 Center for Genetic Origins of Cancer: Center for Genetic Origins of Cancer 2009 $2,000,000 Advanced Digital Hydraulic Hybrid Drive System 2008 $2,000,000 Eaton Corp: Combat Vehicle and Automotive Technology -- Advanced Digital Hydraulic Hybrid Drive System 2009 $1,615,000 Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport, Terminal Project, MI 2009 $1,600,000 Advanced Drivetrains for Enhanced Mobility and Safety 2008 $1,600,000 Center for Advanced Vehicle Design and Simulations: Combat Vehicle and Automotive Technology -- Center for Advanced Vehicle Design and Simulations 2010 $1,000,000 Green Manufacturing and Energy Conscious Design Program