Frank M. Kratovil, Jr.
- Office Held:
- US House, MD
- Office Sought:
- US House, MD
Frank Michael Kratovil Jr., (born May 29, 1968) is the former U.S. Representative for Maryland's 1st congressional district, serving since 2009. He was defeated in his bid for reelection on November 2, 2010. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He previously served as State's Attorney of Queen Anne's County on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
Campaign Finance$2,631,729 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $2,631,729 #57 of 715 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,622,108 #59 of 715 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $37,108 #339 of 715 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $1,679,430 Concerned Taxpayers of AmericaOppose $192,278 League of Conservation VotersSupport $55,214 American Majority ActionOppose $45,750 Environment AmericaSupport $40,127 Humane Society of the USSupport $14,073 National Wildlife FederationSupport $10,000 Environment MarylandSupport $2,897
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $15,500,000 Advanced Chemistry Laboratory 2010 $5,000,000 Smiths Detection: Chemical and Biological Protective Shelter 2010 $4,780,000 Duro Textiles (Reed), WL Gore & Associates (Castle, Kratovil, Carper, Kaufman, Mikulski), and Outdoor Research (Baird, McDermott, Murray): Special Operations Forces Modular Glove System 2010 $4,000,000 Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems: Vehicle and Dismount Exploitation Radar (VADER) 2010 $3,998,000 Chesapeake Bay Activities 2010 $3,000,000 Bowie State University, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, and Morgan State University: Chesapeake Information Based Aeronautics Consortium (CIBAC) 2010 $3,000,000 NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office, Annapolis, MD: Chesapeake Bay Oyster RestorationRequested by
- Jim Moran (D-VA),
- John Sarbanes (D-MD),
- Donna Edwards (D-MD),
- Frank M. Kratovil, Jr. (D-MD),
- Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD),
- Mark Warner (D-VA),
- Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD),
- Gerry Connolly (D-VA),
- Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC),
- Chris Van Hollen (D-MD),
- Ben Cardin (D-MD),
- James Webb (D-VA),
- Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD),
- and Robert C. Scott (D-VA)
2010 $2,906,000 Atlantic Coast of Maryland, MD 2010 $2,881,450 BRAC-Related Improvements, Harford County, MD 2010 $2,400,000 Susquehanna River Basin Commission, Harris-burg, PA: Susquehanna Flood Forecast and Warning System