Frank M. Kratovil, Jr.
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MD
Frank Michael Kratovil Jr., (born May 29, 1968) is the former U.S. Representative for Maryland's 1st congressional district, serving since 2009. He was defeated in his bid for reelection on November 2, 2010. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He previously served as State's Attorney of Queen Anne's County on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
Campaign Finance$3,890,675 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $15,500,000 Advanced Chemistry Laboratory 2010 $5,000,000 Smiths Detection: Chemical and Biological Protective Shelter 2010 $4,780,000 Duro Textiles (Reed), WL Gore & Associates (Castle, Kratovil, Carper, Kaufman, Mikulski), and Outdoor Research (Baird, McDermott, Murray): Special Operations Forces Modular Glove System 2010 $4,000,000 Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems: Vehicle and Dismount Exploitation Radar (VADER) 2010 $3,998,000 Chesapeake Bay Activities 2010 $3,000,000 NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office, Annapolis, MD: Chesapeake Bay Oyster RestorationRequested by
- Jim Moran (D-VA),
- John Sarbanes (D-MD),
- Donna Edwards (D-MD),
- Frank M. Kratovil, Jr. (D-MD),
- Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD),
- Mark Warner (D-VA),
- Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD),
- Gerry Connolly (D-VA),
- Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC),
- Chris Van Hollen (D-MD),
- Ben Cardin (D-MD),
- James Webb (D-VA),
- Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD),
- and Robert C. Scott (D-VA)
2010 $3,000,000 Bowie State University, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, and Morgan State University: Chesapeake Information Based Aeronautics Consortium (CIBAC) 2010 $2,906,000 Atlantic Coast of Maryland, MD 2010 $2,881,450 BRAC-Related Improvements, Harford County, MD 2010 $2,400,000 Susquehanna River Basin Commission, Harris-burg, PA: Susquehanna Flood Forecast and Warning System