- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, NY
Eric James Joseph Massa (born September 16, 1959) is an American Democratic politician from Corning, New York. Until March 8, 2010, Massa served as the United States Representative for the 29th Congressional District of New York. On March 5, Massa announced that he would resign his seat on March 8, 2010, citing as reasons a recurrence of cancer, a pending investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct before the House Ethics Committee, and pressure from the Democratic leadership to step down after opposing the health care reform bill.
Campaign Finance$3,152,790 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $4,000,000 Drs (Olver, Kirk, Tsongas) Dresser-Rand (Schumer, Massa): Advanced Steam Turbine 2010 $1,600,000 General Motors: Advance Propulsion Non-Tactical Vehicle 2010 $1,600,000 Hydroacoustics, Inc.: Hydroacoustic Low Frequency Source Generation Systems 2010 $1,600,000 U.S. Army Telemedicine & Advanced Technology Research Center: Automated Portable Field System for Rapid Detection and Diagnosis of Endemic Diseases and Other Pathogens 2010 $1,245,000 Empire Corridor West High Speed Rail Improvements, Monroe County, NY 2010 $1,000,000 Empire Corridor West High Speed Rail Improvements, Oneida County ,NY 2010 $1,000,000 Empire Corridor West High Speed Rail Improvements, Wayne County , NY 2010 $750,000 Empire Corridor West High Speed Rail Improvements, Genesee County, NY 2010 $600,000 Empire Corridor West High Speed Rail Improvements, Montgomery County, NY 2010 $550,000 Science Lab ExpansionRequested by