- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Elton William Gallegly (born March 7, 1944) is the U.S. Representative for California's 24th congressional district, and previously the 23rd and 21st, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$4,935,752 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $11,200,000 Affordable Weapons System 2009 $6,699,000 Santa Maria River Levees, CA 2009 $4,000,000 Santa Paula Creek, CA 2010 $3,200,000 NAWCWD Point Mugu: NAWCWD Point Mugu Electronic Warfare Laboratory Upgrade 2008 $2,000,000 Navair: Electronic Warfare Development -- Point Mugu Electronic Warfare Lab Upgrade 2009 $1,600,000 Advanced Active Denial Planar Scanning Antenna System 2009 $1,600,000 Selective Availability Anti-Spoofing Module (SAASM) Precise Positioning Service (PPS) GPS 2009 $1,600,000 Point Mugu Electronic Warfare Laboratory Upgrade 2009 $1,280,000 Advanced Ground Target Threat Simulators 2008 $1,200,000 Microwave Monolithics Inc.: Defense Production Act Purchases -- Global Personal Recovery System Single Card Solution