Eliot L. Engel
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, NY
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, NY
Eliot Lance Engel (born February 18, 1947) is the U.S. Representative for New York's 17th congressional district, serving since 1993. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He previously represented the 19th District from 1989 to 1993.
Campaign Finance$8,437,060 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event June 19, 2014
- Luncheon at Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $3,200,000 Verdant Power: Facilities Improvement -- Kinetic Hydropower System (KHPS) Turbine 2009 $2,400,000 Kinetic Hydropower System (KHPS) Turbine 2008 $1,723,000 Highlands Conservation Act (CT, NJ, NY, PA)Requested by
- Arlen Specter (D-PA),
- Jim Gerlach (R-PA),
- Robert Menendez (D-NJ),
- Hillary Clinton (D-NY),
- Chris Murphy (D-CT),
- John Hall (D-NY),
- Eliot L. Engel (D-NY),
- Chris Dodd (D-CT),
- Jim Saxton (R-NJ),
- Charlie Dent (R-PA),
- Christopher Shays (R-CT),
- Frank A. LoBiondo (R-NJ),
- Joe Lieberman (I-CT),
- Rosa L. DeLauro (D-CT),
- Scott Garrett (R-NJ),
- Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D-NJ),
- Charles E. Schumer (D-NY),
- Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ),
- Tim Holden (D-PA),
- Allyson Schwartz (D-PA),
- and Frelinghuyson (R-NJ)
2010 $1,600,000 Verdant Power: Kinetic Hydropower System Turbine 2010 $1,500,000 GMHC, New York City, NY: Protecting Health and Building a Prosperous Future for At-Risk Youth in New York City 2010 $1,200,000 Montefiore Medical Center: Montefiore Critical Looking Glass 2008 $1,000,000 Montefiore Medical Center: Medical Advanced Technology -- Medical Surveillance Initiative - Clinical Looking Glass 2010 $945,000 New York City Watershed, NY 2010 $900,000 Ashburton Avenue Widening, Yonkers, NY 2009 $800,000 Clinical Looking Glass Project (Note: To Enhance the capabilities of Fort Drum, New York Military Health System)Requested by