Elijah E. Cummings
- Office Held:
- US House, MD
- Office Sought:
- US House, MD
Elijah Eugene Cummings (born January 18, 1951) is the U.S. Representative for Maryland's 7th congressional district, serving since 1996. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district includes just over half of Baltimore City, as well as most of Howard County. He previously served in the Maryland House of Delegates.
Campaign Finance$793,196 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $793,196 #425 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $627,515 #471 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $826,704 #57 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Sept. 26, 2013
- Dinner at Restaurante Tio Pepe
Sept. 12, 2013
- Breakfast at The Monocle Restaurant
June 13, 2013
- Evening Reception at 21st Century Townhouse
- Hosted by:
- Jocelyn Hong, Hon. Allen Boyd
June 11, 2013
- Breakfast at Radisson Hotel Cross Keys
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $3,000,000 Bowie State University, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, and Morgan State University: Chesapeake Information Based Aeronautics Consortium (CIBAC) 2010 $3,000,000 Baltimore Red Line, MD 2010 $2,400,000 University of Maryland: Shock Trauma Center Operating Suites 2010 $1,600,000 AdMeTech Foundation: Advanced Diagnostic and Therapeutic Digital Technologies 2010 $1,600,000 Kennedy-Krieger Institute: Spinal Cord Restoration Therapies 2010 $1,500,000 Baltimore County Executive Office, Towson, MD: Baltimore County 9-1-1 Center Communications and Equipment Upgrades 2010 $1,200,000 State of Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Baltimore, MD, for the Unified Oral Health Education Message Campaign 2010 $1,000,000 National Park Service: Chesapeake Bay Gateways 2010 $800,000 Idaho State University: Security Solutions from Life in Extreme Environments Center 2010 $800,000 Maryland Zoo, Baltimore: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) at Coppin UniversityRequested by