- Latest Office Held:
- US House, CA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Edward Randall "Ed" Royce (born October 12, 1951) is the U.S. Representative for California's 40th congressional district, and previously the 39th, serving in Congress since 1993. He is a member of the Republican Party. The district lies in northern Orange County, including portions of Stanton, Cypress, Buena Park, Fullerton, Anaheim, Placentia, and Orange.
Campaign Finance$12,169,964 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $6,400,000 L-3 Power Paragon, Inc.: Hybrid Propulsion/Power Generation for Increased Fuel Efficiency for Surface Combatants 2010 $2,880,000 California State University: Strategic Language Initiative 2009 $2,871,000 Upper Newport Bay, CA 2009 $2,612,500 Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center, Orange County, CA 2008 $2,222,000 Upper Newport Bay 2010 $1,600,000 California State University Fullerton: Prader Willi Syndrome ResearchRequested by 2009 $1,600,000 Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) ResearchRequested by 2009 $1,600,000 Strategic Language Initiative 2008 $1,500,000 California State University: Medical Advanced Technology -- Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) Research 2008 $1,200,000 California State University Long Beach/California State University: Defense Human Resources Activity -- Strategic Language Initiative (CSU Center for Strategic Languages)