- Office Held:
- US House, MD
- Office Sought:
- US House, MD
Charles Albert "Dutch" Ruppersberger III (born January 31, 1946) is the U.S. Representative for Maryland's 2nd congressional district, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$1,134,658 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,134,658 #316 of 715 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,334,073 #239 of 715 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $578,825 #84 of 715 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event March 30, 2013
- NCAA Men's Basketball "Elite 8" Match-Up at Verizon Center
March 28, 2013
- NCAA Men's Basketball "Sweet 16" Match-Ups at Verizon Center
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $15,500,000 Advanced Chemistry Laboratory 2010 $8,000,000 National Security Agency / Oak Ridge National Lab: Initiative to Advance Adaptive Petascale Supercomputing 2010 $5,000,000 Smiths Detection: Chemical and Biological Protective Shelter 2010 $4,000,000 Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems: Vehicle and Dismount Exploitation Radar (VADER) 2010 $3,998,000 Chesapeake Bay Activities 2010 $3,200,000 Applied Signal Technology: Intelligent Explosives Detection 2010 $3,000,000 Baltimore Red Line, MD 2010 $3,000,000 NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office, Annapolis, MD: Chesapeake Bay Oyster RestorationRequested by
- Jim Moran (D-VA),
- John Sarbanes (D-MD),
- Donna Edwards (D-MD),
- Frank M. Kratovil, Jr. (D-MD),
- Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD),
- Mark Warner (D-VA),
- Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD),
- Gerry Connolly (D-VA),
- Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC),
- Chris Van Hollen (D-MD),
- Ben Cardin (D-MD),
- James Webb (D-VA),
- Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD),
- and Robert C. Scott (D-VA)
2010 $2,881,450 BRAC-Related Improvements, Harford County, MD 2010 $2,753,200 BRAC-Related Improvements, Anne Arundel County, MD