- Latest Office Held:
- US House, MD
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MD
Charles Albert "Dutch" Ruppersberger III (born January 31, 1946) is the U.S. Representative for Maryland's 2nd congressional district, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$6,434,187 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $19,500,000 Baltimore Harbor and Channels (50 Foot) 2009 $16,193,000 Baltimore Harbor and Channels (50 Foot), MD 2010 $15,500,000 Advanced Chemistry Laboratory 2008 $13,387,000 Poplar Island 2009 $13,000,000 MARC Capacity Improvements, MD 2008 $12,200,000 Automotive Technology Evaluation Facility 2009 $9,412,000 Poplar Island, MD 2010 $8,000,000 National Security Agency / Oak Ridge National Lab: Initiative to Advance Adaptive Petascale Supercomputing 2009 $7,900,000 Replace Fire Station 2008 $6,000,000 Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS)Requested by
- Judd Gregg (R-NH),
- John Kerry (D-MA),
- Marty Meehan (D-MA),
- Robert Menendez (D-NJ),
- John Sullivan (R-OK),
- Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD),
- Chris Dodd (D-CT),
- Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD),
- James M. Inhofe (R-OK),
- Joe Lieberman (I-CT),
- Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D-NJ),
- John E. Sununu (R-NH),
- and Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ)