- Office Held:
- US House, WA
- Office Sought:
- US House, WA
Richard Norman "Doc" Hastings (born February 7, 1941) is the U.S. Representative for Washington's 4th congressional district, serving since 1995. He is a member of the Republican Party. The district includes most of the central part of the state, including Yakima, Wenatchee and the Tri-Cities.
Campaign Finance$1,054,985 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,054,985 #343 of 715 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,089,271 #327 of 715 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $93,927 #255 of 715 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $3,740,000 U.S. ARS Laboratory, Pullman, WA 2010 $2,846,000 Odessa Subarea Special Study 2010 $2,496,700 Link Transit Vehicle Acquisition, WA 2010 $2,400,000 Infinia: Tactical Cogeneration System 2010 $2,400,000 General Dynamics: Air Drop Mortar Guided Munitions for the Tactical UAVRequested by 2010 $2,000,000 Battelle Northwest (Murray) Heritage University (Hastings): Biological and Chemical Warfare Online Repository of Technical Holdings 2010 $1,500,000 Yakima River Basin Water Enhancement Project: Yakima River Basin Water Storage Plan 2010 $1,200,000 Washington National Guard: National Guard Civil Support Team/CBRNE Enhanced Response Force Package 2010 $750,000 Lewis Street Overpass, Pasco, WARequested by 2010 $600,000 Central Washington Hospital, Wenatchee, WA for facilities and equipment