- Office Sought:
- US Senate, WA
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Dino Rossi
Dino Rossi (born October 15, 1959) is an American commercial real estate executive, former Washington State Senator, two-time Republican candidate for Governor of Washington, and former Republican candidate for United States Senate. His first run for the Governor's mansion in the 2004 election became the closest gubernatorial race in U.S. history; Rossi was certified as Governor-elect before losing a hand recount to Democrat Christine Gregoire. He ran for Governor of Washington again in 2008, losing to Gregoire 47% to 53%.
Campaign Finance$9,624,752 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $9,624,752 #20 of 64 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $9,572,813 #19 of 64 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $98,565 #37 of 64 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Democratic Senatorial Campaign CmteOppose $3,874,714 Majority PACOppose $1,519,472 National Education AssnOppose $1,402,000 NEA Advocacy FundOppose $1,402,000 American CrossroadsSupport $511,509 American Fedn of St/Cnty/Munic EmployeesOppose $200,000 National Fedn of Independent BusinessSupport $98,950 Senate Conservatives FundSupport $60,248 Rightchange.com Inc (527 Political Org)Support $45,826 Right to LifeSupport $44,867
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals