Diane E. Watson
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Diane Edith Watson (born November 12, 1933) is a former U.S. Representative for California's 33rd congressional district, serving from 2003 until 2011. She is a member of the Democratic Party. The district is located entirely in Los Angeles County and includes much of Central Los Angeles, as well as such wealthy neighborhoods as Los Feliz.
Campaign Finance$1,560,703 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $2,880,000 California State University: Strategic Language Initiative 2008 $1,968,000 The Methanol Economy (CA) 2009 $1,903,000 Methanol Economy (CA) 2010 $1,600,000 AdMeTech Foundation: Advanced Diagnostic and Therapeutic Digital Technologies 2009 $1,600,000 Strategic Language Initiative 2008 $1,200,000 California State University Long Beach/California State University: Defense Human Resources Activity -- Strategic Language Initiative (CSU Center for Strategic Languages) 2008 $1,078,000 Municipal Transit Operators Coalition (MTOC) 2010 $750,000 Methanol Economy 2010 $717,000 Los Angeles River Ecosystem Restoration, CA 2010 $600,000 West Los Angeles College, Culver City, CA for the Pathways to 21st Century Careers program