David R. Obey
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, WI
David Ross "Dave" Obey (pronounced /ˈoʊbiː/, OH-bee; born October 3, 1938) is the former U.S. Representative for Wisconsin's 7th congressional district, serving 21 consecutive terms from 1969 until 2011. The district includes much of the northwestern portion of the state, including Wausau and Superior. He is a member of the Democratic Party, and served as Chairman of the powerful House Committee on Appropriations from 1994 to 1995 and again from 2007-2011.
Campaign Finance$8,598,171 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $30,000,000 St. Marys River, MI 2009 $17,000,000 Sault Ste. Marie Repucement Lock, MI 2009 $10,700,000 Next Generation Phalanx with Laser Demo 2008 $7,872,000 Northern Wisconsin, WI 2009 $5,560,000 Northern Wisconsin Environmental Assistance, WI 2009 $5,304,000 Environmentally Friendly Nanometal Electroplating Processes for Cadmium and Chromium Replacement 2009 $5,000,000 Apostle Islands National Lakeshore - lighthouse reconstructions 2008 $4,920,000 Northwest Regional Planning Commission, Manufacturing Conversion for Energy Efficiency 2008 $4,600,000 Pliant Corporation: Medical Advanced Technology -- Ration Packaging Materials and Systems for Meals Ready-to-Eat 2008 $4,500,000 Sgi: Microelectronic Technology Development and Support -- Next Generation Supercomputer IA Prototype for the NRL