- Office Held:
- US House, IA
- Office Sought:
- US House, IA
David Wayne "Dave" Loebsack (born December 23, 1952) is the U.S. Representative for Iowa's 2nd congressional district, serving since 2007. He is a member of the Democratic Party. Prior to entering Congress, he was a professor of political science.
Campaign Finance$1,122,051 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,122,051 #322 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,225,837 #282 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $3,772 #515 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Super PAC for AmericaOppose $57,858 Revere AmericaOppose $918
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Aug. 9, 2014
- Reception at Home of Steve & Kay Jackson
- Hosted by:
- Steve & Kay Jackson
July 21, 2014
- Reception at Home of Jane McCune and Bob Wachal
- Hosted by:
- Jane McCune, Bob Wachal
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars