- Office Held:
- US House, WA
- Office Sought:
- US House, WA
David George Reichert (pronounced /raɪ' kɜrt/, born August 29, 1950) is a member of the United States Congress and the former Sheriff of King County, Washington. He has served since 2005 as the Republican Congressional representative of Washington's 8th congressional district. Congressman Reichert was narrowly re-elected over Darcy Burner in 2008 for a third term.
Campaign Finance$2,786,888 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $2,786,888 #44 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,770,293 #51 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $30,162 #359 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Assn of RealtorsSupport $576,388 Moveon.orgOppose $80,600 Humane Society of the USSupport $9,721 Right to LifeSupport $3,761 National Abortion Rights Action LeagueOppose $143 NARAL Pro-Choice AmericaOppose $143
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $1,840,000 Washington Military Department: Tactical Operations Center for the Washington National Guard 2010 $1,600,000 B.E. Meyers and Company: Thermal Pointer/Illuminator for Force Protection 2010 $1,600,000 Pierce County Alliance, Tacoma, WA: Washington/State Methamphetamine Initiative 2010 $1,000,000 Washington State Biofuels Industry Development 2010 $800,000 B.E. Meyers & Co.: Dynamic Eye-Safe Imaging Laser 2010 $750,000 M Street SE Grade Separation Project, Auburn, WA 2010 $750,000 King County, WA 2010 $500,000 Issaquah Highlands Zero Energy Affordable Housing 2010 $500,000 LOOKBOTHWAYS, Port Townsend, WA for development of an internet safety curriculum 2010 $500,000 Research and Development of Liquid Carriers for Hydrogen Energy