Daniel J. Benishek
- Office Held:
- US House, MI
- Office Sought:
- US House, MI
BENISHEK, Dan, a Representative from Michigan; born in Iron River, Iron County, Mich., April 20, 1952; graduated from West Iron County High School, Iron River, Mich., 1970; B.S., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich., 1970; M.D., Wayne State University Medical School, Detroit, Mich., 1978; physician; elected as a Republican to the One Hundred Twelfth and to the succeeding Congress (January 3, 2011-present).
Campaign Finance$2,177,860 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Daniel J. Benishek Download all independent expenditures for or against Daniel J. Benishek
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $2,177,860 #105 of 722 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,171,930 #98 of 722 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $88,652 #274 of 722 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Democratic Congressional Campaign CmteOppose $707,651 House Majority PACOppose $511,640 American Fedn of St/Cnty/Munic EmployeesOppose $310,337 Service Employees International UnionOppose $286,016 National Republican Congressional CmteSupport $160,158 American Society of AnesthesiologistsSupport $100,000 Service Employees International Union Pea-FederalOppose $52,344 American College of RadiologySupport $15,000 Independent Women's VoiceSupport $4,859 National Right To Life Victory FundSupport $2,710
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals