- Office Held:
- US House, NY
- Office Sought:
- US House, NY
Daniel Benjamin "Dan" Maffei (muff-AY) (born July 4, 1968) is a former U.S. Representative for New York's 25th congressional district, serving from 2009 until 2011. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$3,186,746 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $3,186,746 #26 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $3,114,128 #32 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $73,899 #270 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending American CrossroadsOppose $411,340 Super PAC for AmericaOppose $93,471 Americans For Limited GovernmentOppose $33,491 Susan B Anthony ListOppose $9,315 Revere AmericaOppose $1,998
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Sept. 29, 2014
- Reception at Le Parker Meridien
July 31, 2014
- Labor Coffee at 8 E Street, SE
July 24, 2014
- Breakfast at Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar
July 17, 2014
- Breakfast at Bullfeathers of Capitol Hill
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $2,700,000 Reaper LRE Beddown (Wheeler Sack AAF) 2010 $1,600,000 Defenshield, Inc.: Mobile Defensive Fighting Position 2010 $1,600,000 Syracuse Research Corp: Foliage Penetrating, Reconnaissance, Surveillance, Tracking, and Engagement Radar (FORESTER) Phase II 2010 $1,245,000 Empire Corridor West High Speed Rail Improvements, Monroe County, NY 2010 $1,000,000 Empire Corridor West High Speed Rail Improvements, Wayne County , NY 2010 $1,000,000 Empire Corridor West High Speed Rail Improvements, Oneida County ,NY 2010 $960,000 UltraLife Corporation: Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Powered Tactical Charger 2010 $800,000 Welch Allyn Inc: Personal Status Monitor 2010 $750,000 Empire Corridor West High Speed Rail Improvements, Genesee County, NY 2010 $640,000 Progressive Expert Consulting, Inc.: Marine Corps Cultural and Language Training Platform