- Office Held:
- US Senate, MO
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, MO
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Claire McCaskill
Claire Conner McCaskill (pronounced /məˈkæskəl/; born July 24, 1953) is the senior United States Senator from Missouri and a member of the Democratic Party. She defeated Republican incumbent Jim Talent in the 2006 U.S. Senate election, by a margin of 49.6% to 47.3%. She is the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate from Missouri in her own right. She became the state's senior U.S. Senator upon the retirement of Kit Bond in 2011.
Campaign Finance$18,728,694 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $18,728,694 #8 of 63 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $19,720,542 #7 of 63 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $19,153 #66 of 63 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Majority PACSupport $867,236 Patriot Majority UsaSupport $201,715 Faith Family Freedom FundOppose $106,731 Reinventing A New Direction - RANDPACOppose $100,000 Ob-Gyn PACSupport $100,000 Voices Of The American Federation Of Government EmployeesSupport $83,333 Restoring America IncOppose $75,000 International Assn of Fire FightersSupport $65,371 American CrossroadsOppose $64,098 Service Employees International UnionSupport $56,231
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Airlines for America $34,000 Jeff Cohen, Federation of American Hospitals $33,000 James H. Davidson, Davidson And Associates/Governmental A $17,250
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event March 15, 2013
- Spring Weekend Retreat at Ritz-Carlton, Naples