- Office Sought:
- US Senate, DE
Christine Therese O'Donnell (born August 1969) is an American Republican Party politician who founded two advocacy organizations and has been an advocate for nonprofit clients and nonprofit causes for nearly 20 years. A Tea Party favorite, and with strong financial support from the Tea Party movement, she defeated nine-term U.S. Representative and former governor Michael Castle in Delaware's September 2010 Republican primary for U.S. Senate. She lost the November 2010 U.S. Senate election in Delaware, to Democrat Chris Coons by a margin of 57% to 40%.
Campaign Finance$7,366,557 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $7,366,557 #24 of 64 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $6,999,106 #22 of 64 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $424,130 #18 of 64 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Democratic Senatorial Campaign CmteOppose $635,881 Senate Conservatives FundSupport $144,964 Majority PACOppose $45,000 Restore America's Voice PACSupport $42,225 National Abortion Rights Action LeagueOppose $18,706 NARAL Pro-Choice AmericaOppose $18,706 Right to LifeSupport $6,030 American PAC/Bellevue, WASupport $4,800 National Republican Trust PACSupport $3,308 One Nation PACSupport $2,300
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block