- Office Held:
- US House, MN
- Office Sought:
- US House, MN
CRAVAACK, Chip, a Representative from Minnesota; born in Charleston, Kanawha County, W.Va., December 29, 1959; graduated from St. Xavier High School, Finneytown, Ohio, 1977; B.S., United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md., 1981; M.Ed., University of West Florida, Pensacola, Fla., 1989; United States Navy, 1981-1990; United States Navy Reserve, 1990-2005; pilot; elected as a Republican to the One Hundred Twelfth Congress (January 3, 2011-January 3, 2013); unsuccessful candidate for reelection to the One Hundred Thirteenth Congress in 2012.
Campaign Finance$2,344,104 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Chip Cravaack Download all independent expenditures for or against Chip Cravaack
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $2,344,104 #85 of 721 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,373,884 #82 of 721 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $29,796 #366 of 721 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Democratic Congressional Campaign CmteOppose $1,934,771 House Majority PACOppose $1,474,337 American Fedn of St/Cnty/Munic EmployeesOppose $758,000 Service Employees International UnionOppose $191,257 Friends Of DemocracyOppose $129,236 Service Employees International Union Pea-FederalOppose $60,000 Working Assets Long DistanceOppose $50,686 Lunch Pail Republicans Independent Expenditure Only CommitteeSupport $37,097 Republican Party of MinnesotaSupport $20,067 American Action NetworkSupport $16,930
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals