- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, TX
Thomas Chester "Chet" Edwards (born November 24, 1951) is a former member of the United States House of Representatives from Texas. He represented a district based in Waco, Texas from 1991 to 2011, and served in the Texas Senate from 1983 until 1990. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$15,101,085 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Kent Caperton, Ben Barnes Group $52,400
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $29,586,000 Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, TX 2008 $18,000,000 CH-47 Maintenance Hangar 2009 $17,500,000 Chapel with Education Center 2008 $17,221,000 Houston Ship Channel 2009 $13,788,000 Houston Ship Channel, TX 2009 $13,000,000 Dallas Floodway Extension, Trinity River Project, TX 2008 $12,792,000 Dallas Floodway Extension, Trinity River Project 2010 $12,594,000 Dallas Floodway Extension, Trinity River Project, TX 2010 $12,200,000 Army Reserve Center 2010 $10,800,000 Family Life Center