- Office Sought:
- US House, IL
BUSTOS, Cheri, a Representative from Illinois; born in Springfield, Sangamon County, Ill., October 17, 1961; graduated from Springfield High School, Springfield, Ill., 1979; attended Illinois College, Jacksonville, Ill.; B.A., University of Maryland, College Park, Md., 1983; M.A., University of Illinois, Springfield, Ill., 1985; journalist; businesswoman; member, East Moline, Ill., city council, 2007-2011; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Thirteenth Congress (January 3, 2013-present).
Campaign Finance$2,201,858 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Cheri Bustos Download all independent expenditures for or against Cheri Bustos
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $2,201,858 #108 of 721 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,187,283 #97 of 721 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $25,247 #384 of 721 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $2,149,390 Crossroads GPSOppose $1,373,094 Service Employees International UnionSupport $219,795 New Prosperity Foundation; TheOppose $216,631 New Prosperity FoundationOppose $216,631 Service Employees International Union Pea-FederalSupport $213,714 EMILY's ListSupport $26,034 Women Vote!Support $26,034
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals