Charles J. Crist, Jr.
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, FL
Charles Joseph "Charlie" Crist Jr. (pronounced /ˈkrɪst/; born July 24, 1956) is an American politician who was the 44th Governor of Florida. Prior to his election as governor, Crist previously served as Florida State Senator, Education Commissioner, and Attorney General. He was elected governor in 2006 with 52.4 percent of the vote (against opponent Jim Davis), and took office the following year.
Campaign Finance$13,459,096 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $13,459,096 #14 of 64 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $13,608,676 #15 of 64 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $71,745 #73 of 64 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Rightchange.com Inc (527 Political Org)Oppose $471,957 American CrossroadsOppose $470,661 Crossroads GPSOppose $354,016 Club for GrowthOppose $281,590 Club For Growth ActionOppose $281,440 Rightchange.com Inc (527 Political Org)Support $10,021
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount T. Martin Fiorentino, Jr., Fiorentino Group $173,700 AL Cardenas, Tew Cardenas LLP $71,074 James E. Eaton, Capital Strategies $50,700 Daniel Murphy, BGR Group $25,450