Charles B. Rangel
- Office Held:
- US House, NY
- Office Sought:
- US House, NY
RANGEL, Charles B., a Representative from New York; born in New York, N.Y., June 11, 1930; attended DeWitt Clinton High School; B.S., New York University School of Commerce, Washington Square, N.Y., 1957; LL.B. (J.D.), St. John’s Law School, Brooklyn, N.Y., 1960; United States Army, 1948-1952; lawyer, private practice; assistant United States Attorney, Southern District of New York, 1963; counsel to speaker of the New York state assembly, 1965; counsel to the President’s Commission to Revise the Draft Laws, 1966; secretary, New York State Penal Law and Code Revision Commission; member of the New York state assembly, 1966-1970; elected as a Democrat to the Ninety-second and to the twenty-one succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1971-present); chairman, Select Committee on Narcotics Abuse and Control (Ninety-eighth through One Hundred Third Congresses); chair, Committee on Ways and Means (One Hundred Tenth and One Hundred Eleventh Congresses); chair, Joint Committee on Taxation (One Hundred Eleventh Congress).
Campaign Finance$1,452,142 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Charles B. Rangel Download all independent expenditures for or against Charles B. Rangel
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,452,142 #223 of 721 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,553,263 #177 of 721 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $19,732 #405 of 721 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Campaign For Our FutureOppose $30,500 League of Conservation VotersSupport $22,181 New York League Of Conservation VotersSupport $22,181 Campaign For Primary Accountability IncOppose $12,201
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals