Charles A. Wilson, Jr.
- Office Held:
- US House, OH
- Office Sought:
- US House, OH
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Charles Wilson
Charles A. "Charlie" Wilson (born January 18, 1943) is the former U.S. Representative for Ohio's 6th congressional district. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He previously served in the Ohio State Senate and the Ohio House of Representatives. On November 2, 2010, Wilson lost his bid for a third term in Congress after being defeated by Republican Bill Johnson by a 50-45% margin.
Campaign Finance$1,057,341 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,057,341 #340 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,236,213 #277 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $75,250 #269 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $337,616 Revere AmericaOppose $1,729
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $3,200,000 Ohio Aerospace Institute and Graftech International: Advanced Aerospace Carbon Foam Heat Exchangers 2010 $2,000,000 Ohio State University: Distributed Power from Wastewater 2010 $800,000 Barnesville Hospital, Barnesville, OH for facilities and equipment 2010 $800,000 Timken Co: Hybrid Bearings 2010 $700,000 Tri-State Outerbelt (State Route 7/Chesapeake By-Pass), OH 2010 $600,000 Multi-Hybrid Power Vehicles with Cost Effective and Durable Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cell and Lithium Ion Battery for Ohio University 2010 $448,000 Greenup Locks and Dam, KY & OH 2010 $400,000 Belmont County Commissioners for construction of sanitary sewer system 2010 $300,000 Lawrence County Sherriff and 911 Center, Ironton, OH: Lawrence County Interoperable Radio/MARCS Communications Project 2010 $250,000 Ohio Environmental Infrastructure, OH: City of Marietta, OH (WWTP)