Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MI
Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick (born June 25, 1945, Detroit, Michigan) is an American politician who was U.S. Representative for Michigan's 13th congressional district from 1997 to 2011. (Prior to 2003, she represented the 15th district, which was substantially the same area.) She is a member of the Democratic Party. In August 2010 she lost the Democratic primary election. She was replaced by Hansen Clarke in January 2011.
Campaign Finance$3,970,157 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $4,760,000 Karmanos Cancer Institute: National Oncogenomics and Molecular Imaging Center 2010 $4,000,000 Michigan State University: Advanced Composite Research for Vehicles 2009 $3,923,500 Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transit (SMART) Fleet Bus Maintenance and Engine Replacement, MI 2010 $3,280,000 Next Energy Center: Smart Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle Program 2009 $3,200,000 Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle Electrification Program 2009 $2,400,000 Mobile Manufacturing and Repair Cell/Engineering Education Outreach Program 2008 $2,000,000 Wayne State University Source Sentinel LLC.: Chemical and Biological Defense Program -- Detection of Biological Agents in Water 2010 $1,600,000 Innovative BioTherapies: Diabetes Care in the Military 2008 $1,600,000 City of DetroitRequested by 2010 $1,500,000 SMART Alternative Fuel Vehicles, Ml