- Latest Office Held:
- US House, IA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US Senate, IA
Bruce Braley (born October 30, 1957) is the U.S. Representative for Iowa's 1st congressional district, serving since 2007. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district lies in northeastern Iowa and includes Davenport, Bettendorf, Cedar Falls, Waterloo, Dubuque, and Clinton.
Campaign Finance$9,344,451 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Sept. 6, 2014
- Raffle: Eagles Concert & Private Meet and Greet at Wells Fargo Arena
Aug. 27, 2014
- Fundraising Reception at Home of Kathy & Tim Bottaro
- Hosted by:
- Kathy & Tim Bottaro
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $8,604,000 Upper Miss River-Illinois WW System, IL, IA, MO, MN & WIRequested by
- Leonard L. Boswell (D-IA),
- Christopher Bond (R-MO),
- Todd Akin (R-MO),
- David Loebsack (D-IA),
- Chuck Grassley (R-IA),
- Norm Coleman (R-MN),
- Tom Harkin (D-IA),
- Keith Ellison (D-MN),
- Timothy V. Johnson (R-IL),
- Betty McCollum (D-MN),
- John M. Shimkus (R-IL),
- Kenny Hulshof (R-MO),
- Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL),
- Phil Hare (D-IL),
- Russ Carnahan (D-MO),
- Bruce Braley (D-IA),
- William L. Clay, Jr. (D-MO),
- Jerry Weller (R-IL),
- Ray LaHood (R-IL),
- Timothy J. Walz (D-MN),
- Amy Klobuchar (D-MN),
- and James L. Oberstar (D-MN)
2009 $8,500,000 Arsenal Support Program Initiative—Rock Island 2010 $7,600,000 Quad City Development Group: Arsenal Support Program Initiative at Rock Island Arsenal 2010 $6,000,000 University of Northern Iowa: SOAR Virtual School District 2010 $5,800,000 Rock Island Arsenal: Rock Island Arsenal Building 299 Roof Replacement 2008 $5,141,000 Lock and Dam 11, Mississippi River (Major Rehab) 2009 $5,000,000 Rock Island Arsenal, Building #299 Roof Removal and Replacement, Phase III 2008 $5,000,000 University of Northern Iowa: Section 8084 -- Project SOAR 2009 $4,850,000 Davenport, IA 2009 $4,750,000 Project SOAR